Metahilfe: Was wir hier (nicht) tun - Informationen zum Thema Fragen und Hilfen im Forum.

Du kennst dich aus? — Prima. Unser Fragenbeantwortungs-Team freut sich immer über engagierte Verstärkung!

1 Benutzer in diesem Thread: (0 Mitglieder, und 1 Besucher). 1 Gast/Gäste
Antwort schreiben 
 » Where is the academic register in scientific texts of German professors coming from?

17.08.2015, 17:29:56
Beitrag #1
Where is the academic register in scientific texts of German professors coming from?
Howdy,
this might sound like a strange question but I observed that many of my professors are having a very purple and highly academic proficiency in English when I read their scientific texts. But their pronounciation is like if they just started to learn English. Where is this discrepancy coming from? Did most of the professors learn it intensively? Is that high register coming automatically by reading loads of academic texts and writing them? Or is it the work of the lecturer/editor that corrects the texts and transfers it to a higher register? I know, this might sounds strange but I am always startled when I read those English scientific texts which sound like the proficiency of a motherspeaker whereas the pronounciation of the writers is very bad.
So, for those who also write scientific work in English, how did you achieve such a high proficiency?

"So the whole reason the French people can't really dance
Is because they haven't got the beat in their blood.
And why don't they live and breathe the beat?
Because their language has no tonic accent."
Martin Solveig ~ Heart of Africa
Webseite des Benutzers besuchenAlle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitierenReturn to top
Antwort schreiben 

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema:VerfasserAntworten:Ansichten:Letzter Beitrag
  [Var] Frage zu English for Academic Purposes kpl 2 2.261 28.03.2014 02:57:23
Letzter Beitrag: kpl
  Unterschied Register - Stil? Fr@nky 2 9.837 14.01.2011 03:03:20
Letzter Beitrag: Fr@nky

Gehe zu: